Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Beautiful People

Just finished watching "Beautfiul People", a film written and directed by Bosnian Jasmin Dizdar. It was light and heavy at the same time. (Yes, that is possible.) The harsh reality of life is indeed comical sometimes. If your head is not screwed on correctly all you would do is laugh. The 1999 movie about a bunch of people in Britain that were being affected by the war in the Balkans and the influx of Bosnians, Croats and Serbs reminded me of "my team" from the late 80s and early 90s.




Most know that I am more of an international ball fan than an NBA fan. (I do not even follow the NBA anymore). I like players and teams that give more weight on thinking and execution rather than on athleticism. My team would have given The Dream Team better competition, and could have beaten them. "Could" because the only Dream Team had players with high basketball IQ as well - Bird, Magic, Stockton, Jordan, Robinson. But this entry is not about basketball, it is about life, and here is something related, an exceptional article written in 1996 - Prisoners Of War.

No comments: